Visiting Hours – Visitors can be good medicine for patients. We welcome visitors and encourage you to have family and friends with you. However, patient care is our primary concern at Community Memorial Healthcenter and there are times when you need rest. We ask that visitors be sensitive to your needs and shorten or lengthen their visits according to your condition. Generally, visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- There are no restrictions on the age of visitors; however, children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while in any area of the hospital, including waiting areas. Siblings of newborns may visit at designated times.
- Our Auxiliary and Security personnel will greet visitors at the visitor’s desk in the lobby and gladly provide patient room numbers and directions.
- Please limit visitors to no more than two at a time. The nursing staff may limit visitors and/or the number of visitors if the patient’s condition warrants.
- Visitors should check with nursing staff before entering rooms or areas with signs indicating restrictions, such as special precautions and/or isolation.
- Visitors helping with patient care may be instructed in handwashing.
- Visitors are requested to eat in the Dining Room except under special circumstances.
- Please be considerate of our patients and keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors who are ill with colds, flu or other potentially contagious illnesses are requested not to visit.
- Patients are not to visit other nursing units without nursing staff approval in special circumstances.
Smoke Free Facility - To provide a healthy environment for patients, visitors and employees, and to maintain our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Community Memorial Healthcenter and all of its campuses are tobacco free.
Special Passes - At time of admission, you will be provided one special pass. This pass will allow unrestricted visiting between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. for one family member or acquaintance for patients (with the exception of CICU patients).
Gifts for Patients - Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients.
Waiting Areas- Specific waiting areas have been designated for the families of patients near the Intensive Care Unit, the Emergency Department, Surgery and in our Main Lobby. During certain hours, a volunteer is on duty in the Surgical Waiting Room to keep family members informed about the surgery’s progress.
Parking for patients and visitors is available in the parking lots directly across from the hospital’s main entrance. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at no charge. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car when unattended. If you need an escort to your car, you may call Security at extension 3440, or call the switchboard operator to have a Security Officer paged after hours.