Our Special Procedures Unit is equipped with the latest technologies that our highly trained staff and physicians use to diagnose and treat various diseases.
Privacy and patient comfort are important at CMH.
The Special Procedures Unit has 3 procedure rooms where a variety of procedures are performed, such as:
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopan Creatography (ERCP)
- Pain Management
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Other minor surgical procedures
If you are scheduled for a special procedure at CMH, listed below are a few reminders:
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient and be available while the patient is here and MUST DRIVE the patient home. The procedure will be cancelled if no adult present. A taxi driver is not acceptable.
- Bring all of your prescription medicines.
- Bring identification such as driver’s license.
- Bring all health insurance cards.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Be prepared to be here for several hours.
- Leave all valuables at home, such as money, a watch, jewelry, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to remove and put back on.
If you have any questions please call CMH Surgical Services Department (434)- 447-3151 ext 3160 Monday – Friday 8 am until 4:30 pm.